About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A look back to summer camps.


Girl scout, Y.W.C.A. or Church camp.Who loved camp? I know I did.I grew up going to our local Y.M.C.A.camp.First as a camper,then a C.I.T(counselor in training) and then as a counselor.Arbolado.Oh ,I loved it.AR AR ARBO  LA LA LADO-ARBOLADO-ARBOLADO-YEAH!!!!-I can sing you all the songs,take you on a tour and end up crying with melancholy.
changed lives
Our outdoor Chapel
Our Mess hall bell,it had a story behind it but I've forgotten
The raggers creed
raggers point,commitments made....
Chapel
Water color done by Steven Esqueda from Esqueda Ink.You can find Him in this post comments.

beginning with the blue rag as you turn 12...
Gray back mt.and poop out hill
rainy summer nights spent in the mess hall.... 

white rags for the adults...
Memories of yesterdays
Please share your memories of camp as we look back at our summers from the past and our commitments we made.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

What a fabulous summer you must have had! Some of my favorite memories are of thoes spent in the outdoors & at parks like this :)

xo

Lady Linda said...

I never went to camp when I was a little girl. I did work at a Girl Scout summer day camp when I was a teacher in the summer. It was so fun and the closest I ever got to going to camp. Loved all the songs and of course the crafting!
Love, Linda

Esqueda_Ink said...

It's pretty cool to see my watercolor painting of chapel on your blog. I am a current arbolado director along with my girlfriend, who that picture was created for. :) do we know you?

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.