About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

A Lovely Teacup Exchange and a Winery Reunion of H.S. friends.

.Coffee and tea parties,friendship with ladies who like the same, I never tire of these.

 This past March very near Easter I participated in Stephanie's( from  Enchanting Rose blog) tea cup / coffee mug exchange.I Received a lovely and sweetly generous package from Connie Nightingale filled with Easter decor, a deer key-chain,a hand crocheted doily, a full size bag of coffee and last but not least, a beautiful china mug which I sipped the whole beautiful bag of  now gone  coffee.

This reunion of us seven H.S. friends was not a tea party, that's for sure ;  ) Some of Us hadn't seen each other in 46 Years, graduate class of 1970. I haven't laughed that much in Years. We met in Temecula Ca. which is known for it's beautiful  wineries  and the vineyards over the lush rolling Hills.  I haven't attended any of My official H.S. reunions but this tiny spontaneous reunion  was a total success and We plan to do it again, hopefully each time more of "Us Girls" will be  able to make the drive. We missed some very good friends this time.I'm the one in the back center.
Thank You again Connie,    Here's hoping... the rain drops keep falling on My head just a little longer please- Hugs Denise

8 comments:

The Bear's Blog said...

Hi Auntie Denise,

Oh, so bee-u-tee-ful, your friends are just lovely. Sounds like you had a beary wonderful time, lots of laughs too, I bet.

Heaps of Hugs
Prudence ♥

Debbie Harris said...

Denise, your gift from Connie is real sweet,I love your teacup/mug, very pretty.That New England coffee sounds wonderful.
Stephanie's exchanges are always a delight and a wonderful way of meeting new friends.
Bless you~~

Mary Ann Potter said...

How lovely to see old friends! My high school class has reunions every five years. I've only missed one, the fortieth. Our fiftieth reunion back in 2013 was really special! They always take a lovely, long weekend with several different get-togethers. We're in our seventies now; there are fewer of us. But it is a real blessing to see dear friends like this over the years! Some of us are still in touch via Facebook, and those who still live in Grand Rapids, Michigan, meet every month for lunch.

shortybear said...

hello friend. my other blog got hacked. my new blog is cocos momma

Margie said...

Nice to meet you, Denise! Thank you for the visit and kind comments. I'm old school and don't have Google Connect, but I'll let you know if I activate it.

The mug that you received is lovely! Stephanie's exchange is certainly a great way to make next friends.

Speaking of friends, your spontaneous 46th reunion with your high school friends sounded fun!

Stephanie said...

My dear Denise, what a beautiful mug from Connie! And I just love the extra goodies she included. Thank you so much for participating in the exchange.

And what fun to meet up with your friends. I am sure it was a blessed time of fellowship. Hugs!

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

What a beautiful mug, so perfect for Spring! Enjoy and have a lovely weekend too!

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Denise, it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends.
The mug you received is enchanting. I love lilac!

Happy Spring!

Greetings from Germany,
Gaby

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.