About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Black and White Check, Red Toile Christmas ideas.

 Many of You might have seen these patterns in Pottery Barn stores or catalogs.These combos I have always decorated with, just not yet as My Christmas theme.This Year I am planning red toile and black and white check. A few of these I have already purchased from Pottery Barn.I'm also checking out other stores with these patterns and color combos.

I really like how many of these include reindeer. Just adds to My woodsy tree I'm collecting for this Year.


                     
My Bedroom decked out for Christmas with My new goodies.


It all started when I saw a kitchen collection of this red toile holiday scene at Tuesday Morning's.I bought 5 oven mitts,one for each daughter and one for Me.I bet the pattern went fast.
                                 
This tablecloth is the pattern from Pottery Barn but the tablecloth at Tuesday Morning's looked very similar.

Pretty table setting from Pinterest that would look good with My collection.

Dear Lord-I know these things are not important in Your eyes. I'm glad though that You allow and encourage Us to occupy Our time until You come and that You give each of Us an imagination.I've enjoyed My fun musings. Thank You, Amen.           May We all experience the Peace and Joy this Thanksgiving and Christmas  that only Christ can give. Hugs Denise                                                   PS I love to have Tea with Santa and other Tea friends so I'm linking up with Sandi's party over at Her blog...Rose Chintz Cottage.

7 comments:

Ivy, Phyllis and Me! said...

Good Evening Denise, I love toile, actually I love both blue and pink as there is something timeless about both colours.
I love the oven mittens which you bought for yourself and your daughters. I bet you smile each time you use yours.... I know I would.
Best Wishes to you.
Daphne

Mary Ann Potter said...

Denise, this color combination makes me smile! A real favorite of mine, too. Our precious Heavenly Father delights in blessing us with the best. I got blessed reading your post!

Denise said...

love all of these my friend, and love you.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Denise,
I absolutely ADORE toile and I have a lot of it in my home. Mostly the red but it sure does look sharp with black and white check! I love the reindeer toile. I haven't seen that before because we don't have those stores here on PEI. These 'things' are very much a material thing but I know that our sweet Lord wishes to bless us with things that make us happy. I see no problem with it at all unless of course one over indulges. Then that is between the Lord and ourselves. Thank you for sharing such wonderful ideas and pretty images with us. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Autumn blessings,
Sandi

Beth in NEPA said...

I do love toile and the red matched with the black is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Denise, I have not seen these at Pottery Barn but this is my theme this year too using black and white with pops of red. Love it and just finished for the blog hop. Buffalo checks with toile is gorgeous together. I know your home is going to be stunning.
Thank you for the sweet visit. Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgiving. xo

reFresh reStyle said...

Everything is so beautiful and perfect for Christmas!
Debbie

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.