About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

My novel

 I am joining NANOWRIMO for the first time.A program on the net that encourages you to start writing the novel that's been sitting around in your head for awhile.It's each Nov.,as I understand.Starts Nov.1st.The idea and challenge is that on your own computer or even hand written you commit or try your hardest to write/type a 50,000 word novel in one month.Submit it to NANOWRIMO.They count your words.You don't edit or try to make it perfect as you go.You just type what you think would be a good story then edit in Dec.Yes,I've had stories hanging around in My huge imagination for a long time.In just a couple of days it starts this year,want to sign up and try with Me?


I spend some of My time you might have guessed day dreaming about forest dwellers living in the woods.Humans, elfens,little creatures all my own since I was young.So I'm going to have fun putting them on paper for My family.
See,I have even painted this forest village long ago  :)
Love,Denise 

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Bravo! I have a few short stories I have wrote on a whim, I enjoy it so much. I once started to write a book, it was called Black Licorice. I eventually tossed it as it was a very dark time in my life but it helped me get through it. You should start with short stories on Storylane. I love that!

You are welcome for the paintings. I just knew they should go to you. I still have the ones you colored for me. Simply childhood wonder painted in color.

Please keep my three kids grandma in prayer Denise. Her life is coming to an end and my kids/family is hurting. Also, my son in law faces his first surgery on November 15th. Kara is trying hard to be strong but she is struggling with fear.

Many Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your comment and if i did live close i would have no problem directing. lol. :)

Carole Burant said...

Some of my blogging friends have been doing Nanowrimo for a few years now and they really enjoy it:-) Good luck with it and I do hope you'll share your story with us? xox

Ruthie Miller said...

Good luck with it Denise. I just love all of the pictures you showed us, including yours.
Ruthie from: http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com

Lady Linda said...

Oh Denise, I am sooo excited for you. Such a perfect time in your life to give this a shot! How fun.
I'm so glad you liked my little attempt at the tag!
Love ya,
Linda

Carole Burant said...

I'm back and since today is Halloween, here's a little poem for you...

This is Halloween

Goblins on the doorstep,
Phantoms in the air,
Owls on witches' gate posts,
Giving stare for stare.

Cats on flying broomsticks,
Bats against the moon,
Stirring round of fate-cakes,
With a solemn spoon.

Whirling apple parings,
Figures draped in sheets,
Dodging, disappearing,
Up and down the streets.

Jack-o'-lanterns grinning,
Shadows on a screen,
Shrieks and starts and laughter--
This is Halloween!

Happy Halloween, dear Denise, and make sure you come by my blog today for my Halloween Bash and see what costume I dressed you up in! hehe xoxo

Unknown said...

I am doing NaNoWriMo too this year!

Congrats on winning my $50 shop credit via Fanciful Twist.

♥ Dawn

Pam @ Frippery said...

Hi Denise thanks for visiting. I am so happy to have found your blog now. A novel in November. What a fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing it. I just love your forest village. Your header is breathtaking too. I have always wanted to live in an enchanted forest as well. I hope you share some of your writing with us.

Dom Rozalii said...

Ach, Denise ! tak się cieszę i czekam z niecierpliwością.:)))
Serdecznie pozdrawiam i życzę powodzenia w pisaniu!!!!!!!
:)

Miłej niedzieli i pozdrowienia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this idea! And it will be wonderful to have more of your stories written down! You are so creative!

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.