About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Festival in the woods.



Ever since I was a little girl I have loved the mountains.They make me feel so close to God.I have many memories with my family growing up vacationing every year  camping up at Big Bear .Then also at YMCA camp first as a camper for many years then as a counselor.When I was a young adult before I got married My best friend and camped up at big Sur several times. Years ago when I came across Isaiah 30 :29 I fell in love with it.It became mine."You shall have a song as in the night when the holy festival is kept, gladness of heart as when one  goes with a flute,to come into the Mountain of the Lord,to the mighty one of Israel."I can just see a festival in the woods at night ,singing ,dancing, eating ,fellowshiping ,the flute playing, surrounded by the trees and a big fire glowing.I want to be there.

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

What a great verse, Denise. I love the imagery, too.

Lady Linda said...

Lovely Denise...glad you got the pix posted. I had trouble with Blogger today too.
Love, Linda

Lady Linda said...

Denise....yes, I do run quilt retreats. The economy has hit us hard, but are still able to do two a year. we were doing 3 and had hoped for 4, but am thankful for the 2 per year. They are so fun and such delightful ladies.

By the way, I love your bible quote on the bottom of your blog about delights...one of my favorites and a memory of a very special person. Aren't you glad this blog thing is working again? I was so upset that it hit hard for Teacup Thursday! LOL
Love, Lina

Pom Pom said...

Hi again, Denise. The cute cabins are part of Guemus Island Resort. If you Google it, you'll see the rates/availability and such. It's very rustic and VERY beautiful!

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.