About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Velveteen pumpkins-Oh Yes!

Joanne's Fabric and Craft store had velveteen pumpkins for their half off early Fall sale. I bought 3, one of each color. I think they were like... $7.49 each .I've  had My eye on them for a couple of Years.



The jewels and ribbon are included  :)
 I've been to all My fave stores for Fall perusing except Pier One,Which I'm heading on over today after I'm done with this post.I do a lot of "window shopping" until something hits Me,or until My feet give out.Boy,when I was younger I could stay out shopping until it was time to pick the kids up from school.Those were fun days and I feel blessed to have been a stay at home Mom with four daughters.Yes, I've been an R.N. since right out of college,but truth be told I only worked once in a blue moon,like each time a Realtor told Me to until Our houses went through escrow.I sure wish My four Daughters could do that,I thought while I was raising them that they would.Even the littlest one who is married to a G.I. Doctor still works.That's why I'm always babysitting.Well, times have changed but it does make Me sad.Gee -I didn't mean to get off subject.....I was talking about Fall decor. shopping..... A few new goodies I added this Year.
Joannes 

B&N

Glass pumpkins-Dollar Tree



  If You know Me,You know one thing I can't pass up are tiny round houses.I love them and who knows some day I may live in one. Enjoy Our early Fall, I'm kind of excited. Off to Pier One.I hope I don't see any tiny round houses ; ) Talk to You later-Denise 

14 comments:

Mary Ann Potter said...

Love those pumpkins! I don't do Halloween but love the harvest decorations. Nifty finds!

Patty Sumner said...

I love the velvet pumpkins... and you have them displayed so pretty. I understand the growing tired faster...I do that too! I cannot shop like I use too..Blessings!

Unknown said...

PIer One can be very tempting, did you get anything? I love that you went off topic a bit -- lucky you Denise, that you only had to work once in a blue moon! I hope you will share more photos of your Fall decorating.

I am finally back blogging again and hope you will stop by and say hello!

xo Mary Jo

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Good evening Denise,
I hope your trip to Pier one was enjoyable.. What a great post!
I love all that you have for the fall season.
blessings,
Penny

Susan said...

Ohhhh, very nice decor, Denise. Great job! Susan

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Thank you so much Denise!
It is always a treat to have you visit.
blessings,
Penny

jinxxxygirl said...

I'm on the lookout for glass pumpkins...i hear Pier One has them! So you know where i'm headed! Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit Denise! and leaving your kind words behind.... I don't know about a round house but i'd love to have a round door some day...either a front door that way or maybe just a garden gate that way......Hugs! deb

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good evening Denise!!! My dear friend, you are so kind to have come to Nowhere where sweet Penny celebrated Ruben's birthday! Being the birthday boy, he was late to his own party! So much work at school has kept him late! But we just love the friendship here in Blogland, and thank you for your wishes.

I too "mourn" the fact that I can't stay home and that I have to work. Yes, I love what I do, but the world is spinning too fast, and the older I get, the faster it spins and more and more things are added to a teacher's responsibilities. But I guess that is the way the world and age works....but you were indeed fortunate to only work when needed and that you could raise four daughters doing as such. I don't even have kids and I have to work!

I just got some white pumpkins yesterday, and these little goodies are so much fun to decorate with! ENJOY your decorating dear friend, and thank you for visiting! Anita

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Dear Denise,
I think this is one of the best decorating times of the year!
Those velvet pumpkins are lovely!

My RN daughter is taking time off to be stay home mommy and is happily pennypinching and her boys are so happy! :-)
Many Blessings and warmth,Linnie

Simply Shelley said...

Such fun fall finds Denise. I love Pier 1, but rarely go in. They do have fun things to look at though. I only did a bit of fall decorating this year,not going to decorate at all for Halloween, but I enjoy seeing everyone else's cute,cheery decorations, just not any of the gory stuff.Have a blessed Lord's Day my sweet friend

Unknown said...

Oh you must love the little stubby homes in the shires of the Hobbits. :) I know I do. :)

Thanks for popping by and saying hi. In answer to your question, Yes! I spent the day working on wedding plans for our daughters upcoming nuptials.
It was a fun day! :)

~Liz

Stephanie said...

Hello sweet Denise! Your pumpkins are darling and I love that they are velvet :)

Thinking of you and wishing you a lovely week! Hugs!

GranthamLynn said...

Love your pumpkins. I know what you mean about being tired. I only started work last year. I stayed home with my kids too.
I want to go to Pier One and look for sale items too. This is a perfect for the linky. Pumpkin themed posts will be entered in my end of the month drawing!

Julie Marie said...

L.O.V.E.!!!... xoxo... Julie Marie

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.