About Me

My photo
a Christian, wife of 39 Years, Mother, grandma of 10, retired R.N., love to vacation,swim, play with Grandkids, drawing,painting, mixed media,Home Arts, inspirational Journaling.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Colors of Spring with Irish blessings to You.


 lavender is always found in My home,but this time of Year of course pink gets splashed around too.
Several of My Grannie's rhinestone pieces are flawless,I don't wear them much but they are always on display and I do love them too. Usually I only wear them during the holidays.All different colors  both Grannies had.

I put them into several smaller domes.Oh how I've grown to love domes too.How about You ?

 Yeah Spring for REAL flowers.You know I love the fake.....but,I will make an exception.
My daddy and His wife gave Me some (real) Orchids they grow in their yard near the ocean.Claudia His wife has a green thumb, but it's good to live on the coast.She can grow bundles of Orchids.Amazing to Me.  





Lavender keeps it's place in My heart no matter the month.Do any of You know where this new necklace comes from? You can't just say QVC. You have to know the designer TEHE. 


A gift from a dear lady,Peggy Recker of The Altered Place.The Altered Place can be found if You like at the top of My sidebar.We traded Gothic arches in honor of St. Patty's Day.Oh ! there's One of My angel Grannies adorning it with perfume. It must be Avon perfume from Grammie Ketzel straight from Heaven.

In honor of My Irish Grannie(Maiden name Winn)........................I would just love to go to Ireland.I'm enchanted by the countryside,the music and dance,the folklore.The whistle is My all time fave instrument.I have several cds of Irish music that puts Me where I would like to be, other than home of course, an Irish countryside cottage up the hill from the local village and pub.Any of You feel the same? Please let Me know. Maybe We can all go someday. Hugs and Irish blessings to You. Linking to party with pink Sat. at How sweet the Sound.http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/

9 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

Oh yes Ireland is in my dreams..... maybe some day......Hugs! deb

Terra said...

I would love to visit Ireland too. I was there for 2 days years ago, not nearly enough time. Did you read the Jan Karon book about Father Tim and his wife and their visit to Ireland? I think you would like it.
I love your grandmas' sparkly pins.

LV said...

You are fortunate having these great treasures.

Miss Merry said...

Gorgeous costume jewelry! My great grandmother was Irish. Her maiden name was Terwilliger.

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Isn't it a blessing to have pieces from your Grannies ! I have one pin that was my Big Mama's and several from my Aunties and treasure them too.
We dream of visiting Ireland too, hope we all can make it some day.
Happy Pink and green Saturday!

Denise said...

Love this post, and love you.

GardenOfDaisies said...

Oooh, I love your rhinestone pin! How wonderful that you still have that pretty piece that used to belong to your Grandma.

Susan said...

Hi Denise....Love your idea of displaying rhinestone pins!

I have several hidden away in a drawer and almost never wear them. Great idea!

Your Grannie would be happy. Susan

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wouldn't we have fun traveling together! And I love your beautiful jewelry. Oh and we both love touches of lavender! Enjoy your weekend my friend! Hugs!

One of my favourite songs that makes me realise God’s always around. — Dancing with God, Verse 1: You dance over me While I am unaware, You sing all around But I never hear the sound, Chorus: Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You Lord, I’m amazed by You How You love me Verse 2: You paint the moring sky With miracles in mind, My hope will always stand, For You hold me in Your hand.